Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd Degree
If you have been charged with criminal sexual conduct in the second degree, it is crucial to obtain the best Michigan criminal defense. Charges of second degree criminal sexual assault could result in up to 15 years in prison. To avoid losing a lengthy period of your life to the criminal justice system, call Grabel & Associates and fight the charges against you. Criminal sexual conduct (CSC) charges could permanently tarnish your reputation and damage the well being of yourself and your loved ones. Act now to begin defending the accusations against you and obtain the best possible result in your Michigan case.
Criminal Sexual Conduct (Second Degree) in Michigan
Under the Michigan Penal Code (750.520c), a person is guilty of a second degree CSC felony if he or she engages in sexual contact with another person combined with any of the following:
- The other person is under 13.
- The other person is between 13 and 16 and the accused is a member of the same household, a relative by blood or affinity to the fourth degree, in a position of authority (and used authority to force submission) over the other person; the accused is a teacher, substitute teacher, or administrator of the school or district in which the other person is enrolled, or an employee of state or federal institutions that provides service to that school or district and uses this standing to gain access to the other person.
- Sexual contact occurs alongside another felony.
- The accused has one or more persons helping him or her along with any of the following: the accused has reason to know the victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless; or the accused uses force or coercion in the form of weapons, articles used to imitate weapons, physical violence, threats of violence, threats of future harm, unacceptable medical treatment or examination, or surprise or concealment to accomplish the sexual act.
- The accused is armed with a weapon or article used to imitate a weapon.
- The accused causes personal injury to the other person and has reason to know the victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The other person is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless along with any of the following: the accused is a relative by blood or affinity to the fourth degree, the accused is in a position of authority over the other person and used this authority coercively.
- The other person is under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections and the accused is and employee or volunteer of or is contracted by the department of corrections with knowledge the other person is under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections.
- The other person is under jurisdiction of the department of corrections and the accused is an employee, volunteer, or contractual employee of a private vendor that operates a youth correctional facility who knows the other person is under jurisdiction of the department of corrections.
- The other person is a prisoner or probationer under the jurisdiction of the county and the accused is an employee, contractual employee, or volunteer of the county or department of corrections who knows the other person is under the county’s jurisdiction.
- The accused knows or has reason to know that a court has detained the other person in a facility while the other person is awaiting a trial and the accused is an employee, contractual employee, or volunteer of the facility in which the other person is detained or committed.
If you or someone you know has been accused of sexual conduct accompanying any of these conditions, imprisonment of up to 15 years along with lifetime electronic monitoring could be the result. Do not risk a prison sentence and monitoring, get an expert Michigan criminal defense team immediately.
The Best Defense Team Can Earn Your Freedom
If you want to walk away from your case confident you had the best legal representation in Michigan, call Grabel & Associates now. Our experience fighting charges of second degree CSC will give you a decisive edge in your case. Sex crime charges are stressful and potentially harmful, and should be handled by a talented team of lawyers. We know how to defend criminal sexual conduct cases, and will demonstrate our sex crime expertise in your Michigan case.
Our Approach to 2nd Degree CSC Charges
Second degree criminal sexual conduct does not have to land you or your loved one in jail. Our dedicated team of criminal sexual conduct lawyers will aggressively fight the charges against you, giving 100% of their attention to the case that matters to you: your own. We will explore creative approaches to your case and know how to effectively maneuver through the investigative, trial, and post-trial or conviction stages of your CSC case.
Attorneys Fighting Charges of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Second Degree in Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Throughout Michigan
We are proud of our reputation as an outstanding Michigan defense firm, earning the respect of clients facing a wide variety of charges. Prosecutors will not overwhelm you with investigative skill if you obtain the assistance of the criminal defense team at Grabel & Associates. We have defended an impressive number of criminal defense cases, and will use knowledge gained from all our success to aggressively contend the charges against you.
Proven Results in CSC Cases
Our stellar reputation as a leading Michigan criminal defense firm is evident in looking at our proven results. We have defended numerous criminal sexual conduct cases and will earn you the outcome you want. Our client testimonials will further your confidence that our Michigan law firm supplies unmatched legal guidance and unrivaled case results in all types of criminal defense cases.
Available 24/7 to Start Your Michigan Criminal Defense
Call us at 1-800-342-7896 to begin aggressively fighting your second degree CSC charge. No matter where you are in Michigan, you can reach us toll free anytime of day, any day of the week. You can also set up a free consultation with expert criminal sexual conduct trial lawyer Scott Grabel. Contact us for a consultation and we can immediately start working on your case. Our team will give your CSC case all of their expert attention and get you the outcome you are looking for.