Troy, MI Drug Crimes Attorney
With the help of an experienced Troy, MI drug crimes attorney from Grabel & Associates, we can help you protect your rights in these cases, seek alternative solutions, reach reduced sentencing, or, in an ideal situation, dismiss or reverse the drug charges. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm if arrested or under investigation, and we can begin building a strong case.
Throughout the country, there are strong movements fighting for transferring drug-related issues from the criminal justice system to the mental health system. This is especially true in regards to simple possession, but not manufacturing, trafficking, sale, or other associated crimes. Unfortunately, even first time drug offenders in Troy, MI can face extremely serious criminal penalties, some of which can have lifelong ramifications on your freedom and quality of life.
Types of Drug Crimes and Associated Penalties in Troy
Penalties for drug crimes in Troy and Oakland County can be very serious, and the State of Michigan takes a hard stance against drug possession, manufacturing, trafficking, and sale. Even if caught with possession, police and prosecutors often attempt to amplify the charges by adding accusations of intent to sell or deliver. This is especially true if caught with a large quantity. If arrested or charged with a drug crime, it is essential to know what you could be facing. According to Michigan Penal Code Section 333.7401, the penalties you could be facing could include:
- Possession of more than 1,000 grams: felony punishable by life imprisonment and/or a fine of not more than $1,000,000
- Possession of 450 to 1,000 grams: felony punishable by not more than 30 years imprisonment and/or a fine of not more than $500,000
- Possession of 50 to 450 grams: felony punishable by not more than 20 years and/or a fine of not more than $250,000
- Possession of less than 50 grams: felony punishable by not more than 20 years and/or a fine of not more than $25,000
Keep in mind that these penalties do not include marijuana related laws. Possession of any amount of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year imprisonment and/or a maximum fine of $2,000. Furthermore, the type of drug determines the penalty. At Grabel & Associates, we have protected defendants from Troy and Oakland County for a variety of drug crimes, including:
- Drug Distribution and Sale
- Distribution of Medical Marijuana
- Federal and Major Felony Drug Trafficking
- Possession of Methamphetamines
- Cocaine Possession
- Heroin Possession
- Ecstasy Possession
- Drug Trafficking
- Marijuana Possession With Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Meth Possession With Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Cocaine Possession With Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Heroin Possession With Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Ecstasy Possession With Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Prescription Drug Crime Charges
How a Troy, MI Drug Crimes Attorney Can Help
For Michigan drug cases, every piece of evidence must be documented and stored with careful attention to procedural details. Even the smallest mistakes in these procedures could help achieve a case dismissal. At Grabel & Associates, our Troy, MI drug crimes attorneys fully understand these procedures and the causes of a case dismissal, and we will not rest until considering every possible angle. With over 10 years of experience with drug crimes cases, our attorneys have also developed an intricate understanding of how cases are lost and won.
One of the best tactics for winning a drug crimes case at the 52-4 District Court in Troy, for example, is to challenge the evidence found by police. Furthermore, our attorneys thoroughly analyze the search warrants, probable cause, and consent. Other factors to consider, regardless of the alleged crime, include flawed witness testimony, unreliable accounts, and paid snitches that can contribute to a wrongful conviction.
Contact Grabel & Associates for a Top Drug Crimes Defense
Drug crimes in Oakland County, and throughout Michigan, can result in serious penalties and extensive restrictions on your freedoms. If you are wondering about the legal options available to you after a drug charge, how we can protect your freedoms, alternative sentencing options, and/or how you should answer police and prosecutor questions, contact Grabel & Associates immediately. Call 24/7, toll-free at 800-342-7896 for a free consultation, and we’ll begin working immediately to help you fight back against aggressive drug crime prosecution.