Kalamazoo CSC 1st Degree Attorney
The most serious sex crime charges a person can face are 1st degree felony criminal sexual conduct charges, which can lead to up to life behind bars. First-degree CSC charges often result in cases involving sex with a minor, incest, teacher/student relationships, and other extremely serious sex offenses. Those who are falsely accused of 1st degree CSC or threatened with excessive penalties for an alleged offense will need to work with the best possible defense attorney and fight back against Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct conviction. Grabel & Associates is committed to doing whatever it takes to defend clients facing CSC charges, and we know what you need to do to win, even when up against tough felony charges.
As evidenced by our proven results, our team has the skill and experience needed to get you the results you want. Under the direction of founding attorney and experienced trial defender Scott Grabel, we will seek to deliver premier representation throughout every stage of your case. As soon as you are investigated for a sex crime or charged with CSC in the 1st degree, get in touch with our team and learn more about the steps you need to take if you want to protect yourself. The Grabel & Associates sex crime defense team is available 24/7 toll free, as well as online, and we will immediately begin working to help you secure an exceptional case result. Don’t wait – protect yourself or your loved one now by working with an experienced defense attorney.
First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Kalamazoo
When a person engages in unlawful sexual penetration, 1st degree CSC charges can result. Because these are the most serious CSC charges, 1st degree conviction is only on the line in cases involving some of the worst offenses possible under state sex crime legislation.
If a person engages in sexual penetration with a person under the age of 13, 1st degree CSC conviction can result. If the alleged victim is under the age of 16, and another one of the following conditions exists, 1st degree criminal sexual conduct charges will result as well:
- The actor and alleged victim are members of the same household.
- The involved parties are related by blood or marriage up to the 4th degree.
- The alleged actor is in a position of authority over the alleged victim, and uses this authority to accomplish the act.
- The alleged victim is a student in the school or district where the alleged actor is a teacher or administrator, or where the alleged actor is an employee or contractual service provider (if this status is used to gain access to the alleged victim).
- The alleged actor works or volunteers at a child care organization or group home where the alleged victim resides or attends. Additionally, if sexual penetration occurs in addition to one of the following, 1st degree CSC conviction will result:
- Sexual penetration occurs along with the commission of any other felony.
- The alleged actor is aided by one or more others, and has reason to know that the alleged victim is mentally incapable or incapacitated, or physically helpless, or force or coercion is used by the actor(s) to accomplish the act.
- The alleged actor has a weapon or uses an article to lead the alleged victim to believe a weapon is present.
- Personal injury is caused to the victim as force or coercion is used to commit the act.
- Personal injury is caused to the victim, who is mentally incapable, incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The alleged victim is mentally disabled, incapable, or incapacitated, or physically helpless, and is related to the alleged actor or under the authority of the alleged actor.
Criminal Penalties for Kalamazoo Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st Degree
The penalty for 1st degree CSC is life imprisonment, or a term of any number of years accompanied by possible lifetime electronic monitoring. If the offender is over 17 and the victim is under 13, the minimum prison sentence is 25 years. If a prior conviction under any CSC statute or other serious sex crime law exists, a mandatory life sentence without parole will result.
CSC First Offense Defense – Grabel & Associates 24/7 Defense
Our lawyers know that with the rest of your life on the line, you need a lawyer who will do whatever it takes to protect your best interests. The Grabel & Associates team is available 24/7 to begin applying our proven tactics to your case, and we will not rest until everything possible has been done to guide you to a great case outcome.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 CSC Defense Representation
To speak with our Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct defense lawyers, call 1-800-342-7896 now or contact our firm online. We are always available to begin working with you or your loved one after a criminal investigation or CSC charge.