Kalamazoo Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer
Sexual assault, rape, sex with a minor, teacher-student sex, and other serious sex crime offenses are charged as criminal sexual conduct in. Anyone who is accused of CSC or charged with criminal sexual conduct will need to get in touch with a talented defense attorney right away, as the penalties for CSC in any degree are extremely serious, and fast action is required in order to achieve an exceptional case result. The Grabel & Associates sex crime defense team in Kalamazoo is available 24/7 to begin fighting with you or your loved one after a criminal investigation or charge, and we know how to handle even the most complex felony and misdemeanor sex crime cases. If you are accused of CSC in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th degree, contact our Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct defense lawyers now, and begin fighting back against police and prosecutors. We are always available by phone and online for clients statewide.
Our firm’s founder, Scott Grabel, has over a decade of experience working with clients in tough sex crime cases, and knows what it takes to win after criminal sexual conduct charges. The rest of our experienced trial attorneys work under Scott Grabel’s direction to lead clients to exceptional results, and as our proven results show, we get clients the results they want. No matter what the specific details of your Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct case, it is essential that you work with the best possible defense lawyer, and there is no reason to wait to begin receiving legal guidance. Call 1-800-342-7896 or contact Grabel & Associates online now and learn more about the steps you should be taking to protect yourself or your loved one from sex crime conviction. We are ready to begin helping you through every stage of your case.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 1st and 2nd Degree in Kalamazoo
State law clearly outlines what offenses can lead to criminal sexual conduct conviction. Section 750.520b deals with 1st degree CSC, while Section 750.520c deals with 2nd degree CSC, which are both felony offenses.
In cases involving either of these charges, certain extenuating conditions circumstances, which are outlined below, must be met. In 1st degree CSC charges, sexual penetration must result, while sexual contact alone can lead to 2nd degree CSC conviction. In order to be considered criminal sexual conduct, the offense must involve one of the below, or another condition listed in the Penal Code under 1st degree CSC, or 2nd degree CSC.
- Alleged victim is under the age of 13.
- Alleged victim is under the age of 16 and either a member of the same household as the offender, or under the authority of the offender (such as a student of a teacher or administrator or employee of the school or district in which the student is enrolled).
- The offense occurs alongside the commission of another felony offense.
- The offense occurs with the help of 1 or more other persons and the offender has reason to know that the alleged victim is physically or mentally helpless, or uses coercion or force to accomplish the act.
- The alleged actor is armed with a weapon or leads the alleged victim to believe he or she has a weapon.
- The two persons are related and the alleged victim is under the authority of the actor or related to the alleged actor.
- The alleged victim is a prisoner under the jurisdiction of the DOC where the actor works.
There are a number of other situations that could lead to 1st or 2nd degree CSC conviction, so always consult an attorney if you are investigated for a sex crime in Kalamazoo or anywhere else in the state. If convicted of 1st degree CSC, you could face up to life behind bars, while second degree CSC can lead to up to 15 years behind bars and potential lifetime electronic monitoring.
3rd and 4th Degree CSC in Kalamazoo, Michigan
3rd and 4th degree CSC are likewise differentiated by penetration vs. contact. If a person engages in sexual penetration or contact along with any of the following, or another condition listed in Section 750.520d or 750.520e.
- Alleged victim between 13 and 16.
- Force or coercion used.
- Offender has reason to know the actor is physically helpless or mentally incapable.
- The actor is related to the alleged victim by blood or marriage to the third degree.
- The alleged victim is a student in the school or district where the actor works.
- The alleged victim is under 26 and is a special education student in the school or district where the actor works.
If convicted, you could face up to 15 years behind bars for a 3rd degree conviction, and up to 2 years behind bars and a $500 fine for a 4th degree conviction.
Our Approach to Criminal Sexual Conduct Defense
The Grabel & Associates team is ready right now to begin walking you through everything you need to say and do in order to get a great result in your case, and we will put in the hard work necessary to ensure you are comprehensively represented throughout every stage of the defense process. Don’t wait to begin fighting back with an experienced attorney, we are dedicated to 24/7 availability and can begin working on your case now.
Contact Scott Grabel for CSC Defense Advice 24/7
Call our Kalamazoo criminal defense team now by calling 1-800-342-7896 toll free, or contact our firm online if you are unable to reach a phone. We are always available to start working with clients statewide.