Home Invasion in Muskegon (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Degrees)
If you are facing home invasion charges in Muskegon, it is crucial to hire a property crimes attorney who can help you fight back against felony conviction. Criminal punishments for breaking and entering are very serious, and may include jail time and excessive fines. The lawyers at Grabel & Associates have over a decade of experience in Michigan theft law and have developed a reputation as one of Michigan’s top defense firms. Contact us as soon as possible to take control of your future and earn impressive results in your Muskegon home invasion case.
Defense Lawyer for Home Invasion
If you use force to enter a home without permission, you could face home invasion charges in Muskegon. Breaking through a window or door, or employing any other violent tactic to enter a home qualifies as breaking and entering. Fraudulently entering a home, or entering through a partially open window of door may also result in criminal charges, making it important to contact an attorney to avoid life-altering penalties.
The team of skilled lawyers at Grabel & Associates is ready to help you fight first, second, or third degree home invasion charges now. Whatever the details of your unique case, your defense attorney will do everything possible to help you achieve your desired results. Contact us at any stage in the process to enlist our help in your battle against breaking and entering charges. We know how to protect you from aggressive police tactics and prosecuting attorneys who will do everything in their power to convict you. Avoid lengthy jail time and unreasonable fines by obtaining our help as soon as possible.
First, Second, and Third Degree Home Invasion Charges
The Michigan Penal Code (750.110a) outlines the actions that may result in home invasion charges and criminal conviction. A defense attorney can review the details of your case and better explain any charges you face, allowing you to make informed decisions throughout the legal process.
Muskegon law states that the following may result in a first-degree home invasion charge:
- Any person who breaks and enters or enters a dwelling without permission, with the intent to commit a felony, larceny, or assault, is guilty of first degree home invasion if armed with a dangerous weapon, or if another person is lawfully present in the dwelling.
The following actions may result in a second-degree home invasion charge:
- Any person who breaks and enters or enters a dwelling without permission, with intent to commit a felony, larceny, or assault, is guilty of second-degree home invasion.
The following actions can lead to a third degree home invasion charge:
- Any person who breaks and enters a dwelling or enters a dwelling without permission, with intent to commit a misdemeanor, is guilty of third degree home invasion.
- Any person who breaks and enters a dwelling or enters a dwelling without permission and, at any time during the process violates a probation term, parole term, personal protection order, or bond or bail condition to protect an individual is guilty of third degree home invasion.
Punishments for Breaking and Entering in Muskegon
The Michigan Penal Code (750.110a) outlines the penalties that may result from first, second, and third degree home invasion charges.
The following punishments may results from a first-degree home invasion charge:
- Imprisonment for up to 20 years.
- A fine of up to $5,000.00
The following punishments may results from a second-degree home invasion charge:
- Imprisonment for up to 15 years.
- A fine of up to $3,000.00
The following punishments may results from a third-degree home invasion charge:
- Imprisonments for up to 5 years.
- A fine of up to $2,000.00
Any conviction can lead to a misdemeanor or felony record, and it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to find out how these laws and penalties might apply to your specific situation. Our team is available 24/7 to start working with you.
Our Approach to Home Invasion Defense
Our lawyers value your freedom and future and will do everything possible to keep you out of jail and clear your name. We have earned unrivaled results in countless past home invasion cases, and will work with you to achieve your desired outcome. Let our experienced attorneys begin working with you now to fight breaking and entering accusations, utilizing individualized criminal defense tactics to help you fight the specific legal issues involved in your case. We are always available for clients in Muskegon County and statewide.
Contact Us 24/7 to Fight Muskegon Breaking and Entering Charges
Experienced case analysts are available 24/7 to provide you with insight into your home invasion case. Call 1-800-342-7896 or contact us online to begin your fight for freedom. You can even set up a free consultation with Scott Grabel, or another one of our skilled trial attorneys to discuss our unique approach to criminal defense in Muskegon, MI. Our lawyers will fight alongside you throughout every stage of your case, fighting to help you achieve the best possible outcome. Start the defense process by contacting Grabel & Associates today.