Southfield CSC 4th Degree Attorney
The only misdemeanor Criminal Sexual Conduct charges are 4th degree CSC charges, yet the penalties for the offense are still very serious and can even rival those of some lesser felonies. There is always a lot at stake in sex crime cases, including jail time, fines, sex offender registration, and a criminal record, and no matter what the specifics of your case, it is crucial that you work with a qualified criminal defense lawyer and fight back against the serious potential effects of a 4th degree CSC conviction in Southfield. Our attorneys are always ready to begin working with clients in Southfield and statewide after sex crime allegations, and we know what it takes to guide you or your loved one through a criminal investigation and into a successful trial. Always consult an attorney before taking action in a sex crime case, especially with so much of your future on the line. Our team has what it takes to aggressively defend your rights and we are committed to fighting with you or your loved one throughout every stage of the CSC defense process. Contact our trial lawyers now and learn more about how we can help you in your specific case.
Our highly skilled team works under the direction of nationally recognized criminal defense lawyer Scott Grabel to provide premier level defense in sex crime cases of all kinds, including both misdemeanor and felony CSC cases. Contact our firm by phone or online for a free initial case analysis and learn more about our proven strategies. Let us walk you through everything you need to say and do in order to protect yourself as you work through the complex legal issues and laws involved in your Southfield Criminal Sexual Conduct case. We are always ready to begin guiding you or your loved one through the defense process, and with over a decade of experience fighting for Michigan’s accused, we know what it takes to achieve the best possible case results for clients in all kinds of situations. Don’t wait, as sex crime cases are often time sensitive. We are available by phone 24/7, and online through this website.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 4th Degree Laws in Southfield, Michigan
Section 750.520e of the Penal Code covers fourth degree CSC, and outlines the conditions necessary in order to be convicted of a Criminal Sexual Conduct offense. 4th degree CSC is similar to 3rd degree CSC in Southfield, except for that it is not necessary to prove that sexual penetration occurred, just that sexual contact of some kind occurred. The conditions that must accompany sexual contact in order for 4th degree CSC conviction to result are as follows:
- The alleged victim is under 16 years of age and the offender is at least 5 years older than the alleged victim at the time of the offense.
- The alleged offender uses force or coercion to accomplish sexual contact. This includes threats, concealment, and surprise.
- The alleged offender knows or has reason to know that the alleged victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The two involved parties are related by blood or affinity up to the 3rd degree.
- The alleged victim is under 18 and enrolled in a school where the alleged actor is employed (this includes school districts), and this relationship is used by the alleged offender to establish a relationship or gain access to the alleged victim. In cases involving special education students, this age limit is increased to 26.
- The alleged victim is in a group home or foster home where the alleged offender works or provides services.
Criminal Penalties for 4th Degree CSC in Southfield
The penalties for 4th degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Southfield, Michigan are as follows:
Up to 2 years behind bars and a $500 fine.
Additional penalties such as a misdemeanor record, possible probation, and sex offender registration could apply as well. Always consult a lawyer before taking any action in your sex crime case.
Our Approach to Southfield Misdemeanor Sex Crime Defense
Our lawyers take every case very seriously, and we understand how important your future and freedom is. Contact us now for top-level representation throughout the investigative and trial stages of your case. We can even take over your appeal after an initial trial disappointment. Let us develop a unique defense strategy based on your case and specific goals.
Contact Southfield’s Sex Crime Defense Lawyers at Grabel & Associates
Get in touch with our CSC defenders now at 1-800-342-7896 toll free, or contact us online. Our Southfield criminal defense attorneys are available 24/7 for clients statewide.