If you've been placed on probation in Michigan, it means you have earned the trust of a criminal court judge and are allowed some freedom as long as you abide by the terms set forth by your sentencing judge. It also means that if you violate any of these terms, you may face significant consequences. However, many people facing probation violation charges aren't even aware of what they did wrong until their probation officer threatens them with a violation hearing.
Our Probation Attorneys Will Defend You At Probation Hearings In Detroit, Lansing, and Throughout Michigan
As a result, it’s a good idea to stay in contact with an experienced probation violation defense lawyer in Michigan to ensure you understand the terms of your probation and protect yourself from harsh consequences in the event of a probation violation.
Our Michigan Probation Violation Defense Attorneys Will Fight to Protect Your Probation Privileges
At Grabel & Associates, our probation violation defense attorneys understand how important it is to maintain your probation privileges. We have a proven track record of representing individuals at probation hearings across the state of Michigan and are dedicated to helping you keep your freedom.
Actions That May Constitute Michigan Probation Violations
Any number of missteps can land you in a probation violation hearing these can be minor technical violations or more serious infractions.
Common probation violations include:
- Not showing up for your scheduled meeting with a probation officer
- Associating with a known felon
- Leaving the state or country without permission
- Quitting your job or dropping out of school (if being employed, or continuing to attend school, is a condition of your probation)
- Being arrested for another felony or misdemeanor
Michigan Probation Violations May Lead To Serious Consequences
Your probation officer has complete authority over your life, and it doesn't take much to get threatened with a violation hearing so it’s important to make sure you understand exactly what’s required of you by reviewing your probation terms with a knowledgeable Michigan probation violation attorney.
Michigan Probation Violation Defense Attorneys
If you are found guilty of a probation violation potential consequences include:
- Probation Revocation. For serious violations, your probation can be revoked and a judge may sentence you on the underlying crime.
- Probation Modification. If you violate the terms of probation such as by failing to show up, pay certain fines or complete court imposed programs, the court may choose to modify the terms of your probation by adding additional requirements or restrictions.
- Receiving A Warning. If you commit a minor infraction, i.e. missing one meeting, it may be possible to get away with just a warning.
An Experienced Michigan Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Get Your Probation Violation Dismissed
At Grabel & Associates, our criminal defense lawyers have practiced in courts throughout the state of Michigan and have advised countless clients about the terms of their probation and how to remain in good standing with their probation officers. In the event of a probation violation hearing, we have successfully defended numerous clients and helped them maintain the freedom granted by the terms of their probation.
Our Probation Violation Defense Attorneys Can Help You Maintain Your Probation Privileges
If you have been charged with violating the terms of your probation, having an experienced criminal defense lawyer represent you can mean the difference between remaining free on probation, being sent to jail or incurring additional penalties. Once you've earned the privilege to be on your own with limited restrictions you don't want to take a step back. An aggressive Michigan criminal defense attorney at Grabel & Associates can help you keep the freedom you deserve.
For a free consultation to discuss how a Michigan criminal defense lawyer from Grabel & Associates can help you, call us toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-342-7896, or you can use the contact form on this website to Email our law firm.