Lansing CSC 2nd Degree Lawyer
Criminal Sexual Conduct Defense Attorney Defend a 2nd Degree CSC Charges and Allegations in Lansing, Michigan and Throughout Kent County
Second degree CSC charges are extremely serious, and as soon as you or your loved one is investigated for CSC or charged with a sex crime, it is imperative that you contact a skilled Lansing CSC defense attorney and begin defending against life changing penalties. Felony sex crime accusations in Lansing could result in life changing penalties, especially if you fail to hire the best possible attorney early on in your case. Our team is always available for anyone who is facing sex offense allegations in Ingham County or statewide, and we know what it takes to achieve great case outcomes even in the most complex legal situations.
Contact our Lansing sex crime defense law firm now and work with a talented team of lawyers who have been effectively defending clients for over a decade. Under the direction of founding attorney Scott Grabel, our attorneys will look over every piece of evidence from your case, exposing holes in the prosecution’s case that could lead to a better result for you or your loved one. With prison time on the line and your reputation at stake, you need to work with a lawyer who recognizes the stress placed on you and how critical it is to provide individualized defense throughout every stage of the justice process.
Second Degree CSC Charge in Lansing, MI
First degree CSC accusations result form cases involving penetration, but any sexual contact along with the same conditions can still result in felony 2nd degree CSC charges. If a person has sexual contact with another person and any of the following applies, police and prosecutors will attempt to convict the alleged actor of 2nd degree CSC:
- the alleged victim is under 13, between 13 and 16 and a relative of the actor, between 13 and 16 and a member of the same household as the actor, or between 13 and 16 and under the authority of the alleged actor
- the alleged victim is between 13 and 16 while the alleged actor is an employee of the school or district in which the alleged victim is a student
- sexual contact occurs in addition to another felony crime
- the actor is aided by another person and knows the victim is mentally incapacitated or physically helpless, or the actor uses force or coercion
- the alleged actor uses a weapon or article used to imitate a weapon
- the alleged actor causes personal injury to the alleged victim and force or coercion is used
- the alleged actor knows the other person is mentally disabled, physically helpless, or mentally incapable and the two are related or the alleged actor is in an authoritative position over the other person
- the alleged victim is under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections where the alleged actor is employed
Other conditions that may result in 2nd degree Criminal Sexual Conduct charges are outlined in Section 750.520c of the Penal Code.
Prison Time for 2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Lansing, Michigan
If convicted of second degree CSC, a person will face imprisonment for up to 15 years, along with lifetime electronic monitoring if the victim was under the age of 13 and the alleged actor was at least 17 at the time of the offense. Contact Grabel & Associates now to protect against harsh punishment.
Our Approach to Second Degree Sex Crime Charges
You need an attorney who has proven experience fighting for clients in sex crime cases, and our attorneys have defended countless clients in even the toughest cases for over a decade. Our lawyers will help you understand what you need to say and do throughout investigation in order to protect against self incrimination, and can direct you through the steps you need to take in order to have the best shot at freedom.
Sex crime cases are very difficult to win, especially without an outstanding attorney. Grabel & Associates has established a reputation as one of the best CSC defense firms in Lansing, and our team is available now to help you defend against police and prosecutors who will be working quickly to secure a conviction.
Contact Scott Grabel 24/7 for Sex Crime Defense in Michigan
Contact our firm online or call us toll free for a no obligation consultation. We can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-342-7896 and will immediately provide you with a free, no obligation case consultation. Work with Grabel & Associates to protect your future and defend your freedom.