Kalamazoo CSC 3rd Degree Attorney
Clients statewide trust Grabel & Associates to provide top-level representation in sex crime cases, including felony 3rd degree CSC cases. Our attorneys know what it takes to win after false allegations or a violation of your rights, and regardless of the specific details of your case, we are ready right now to begin guiding you through the steps you need to take to protect yourself or your loved one. Take action to get in touch with an experienced criminal defense representative as soon as you can, as police and prosecutors will already be working to build a case against you. Our highly talented attorneys will do everything we can to protect you or your loved one, and are ready now to start guiding you through your Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct 3rd degree case. Contact the Grabel & Associates team now for a free initial case consultation – our attorneys are available 24/7 to start working with you.
Trial attorney Scott Grabel founded our firm over 15 years ago, and has been working to provide exceptional defense representation to clients statewide ever since. We know that felony sex crime allegations in Kalamazoo are extremely serious, and so much of your future could be on the line. We treat each case we take as if it were our own, and we will guide you through everything you need to say and do in order to protect yourself. As you work through a sex crimes investigation and potential trial, having an attorney on your side who understands sex crime law and the legal issues clients face in 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct cases can be a huge difference maker. Call our 24/7 hotline now or contact us by email to begin receiving free initial guidance in your Kalamazoo sex crime case.
3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Laws and Charges
Criminal sexual conduct in the 3rd degree only occurs when actual sexual penetration is part of the alleged offense. In cases involving sexual contact alone, 2nd or 4th degree CSC charges can result, dependent on the specifics of the situation.
Section 750.520d deals with 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct in Kalamazoo. According to this legislation, a person is guilty of felony 3rd degree CSC if he or she engages in sexual penetration, and at least one of the following conditions exists in the case.
- The alleged victim is under 13 years old.
- The actor allegedly uses force or coercion to accomplish the sexual act.
- The alleged victim is mentally incapacitated, mentally incapable, or physically helpless and the alleged actor knows or has reason to know this.
- The alleged actor and victim are related by blood or marriage, up to the 3rd degree.
- The alleged victim is under 18 years old and is a student in the school or district where the actor is a teacher, sub, or administrator (unless the other person is emancipated or the two are legally married.)
- The alleged victim is under 18 and the alleged actor is an employee or contractual service provider of the school or district where the alleged victim is enrolled, and this status is utilized to gain access to the alleged victim.
- The alleged victim is under 26 and receiving special education services in the school or district where the alleged actor works or volunteers. Foster home and child care organization employees and volunteers are also subject to this legislation in certain situations.
Criminal Penalties for 3rd Degree CSC in Kalamazoo
If convicted of felony 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct, you could face up to 15 years behind bars. With such a serious potential sentence on the line, it is crucial that you begin working with a qualified attorney right away. Grabel & Associates is available now to begin fighting with you or your loved one.
Kalamazoo Third-degree CSC Crimes Defense
The trial attorneys at Grabel & Associates know that it takes a lot of time and hard work to get favorable results in felony sex crime cases, and that the best case results may only be available for a short period of time. That is why we are committed to always being available for clients, and we will do whatever it takes to ensure you get the best possible result in your case.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 Kalamazoo Sex Crime Defense
To speak with a member of our team right now, call 1-800-342-7896 or contact our firm online. Our sex crime defense lawyers can begin advising you on how to beat CSC charges starting right now.