Kalamazoo CSC 2nd Degree Attorney
Other than 1st degree criminal sexual conduct, there are few if any sex crime offenses more serious than CSC in the 2nd degree. The only substantial difference between 1st and 2nd degree CSC is that in 2nd degree cases, the prosecution does not need to prove that sexual penetration occurred, but only that sexual contact of some kind occurred. At Grabel & Associates, our attorneys are committed to doing whatever it takes to protect the falsely accused, and we know what it takes to win in tough felony CSC cases. Get in touch with our Kalamazoo sex crimes defense attorneys now to learn more about what you need to do to protect yourself or your loved one after a sex crime investigation or charges of 2nd degree criminal sexual conduct. We are available 24/7 to begin working with you right now, so call our toll free hotline or get in touch with our firm via email and get started.
Under the direction of experienced sex crimes defense lawyer Scott Grabel, our talented legal team will do everything we can to get you the results you want in your case. Let us stand with you as you battle back against aggressive police and prosecutors, and we will guide you through everything you need to do as you fight for the best possible outcome in your sex crime case. 2nd degree CSC charges should never be taken lightly, especially with so much at stake. Whatever the specifics of your case, our qualified attorneys are ready to take over your battle for justice, and are committed to putting in the work necessary to ensure you are not wrongfully convicted or excessively sentenced. Call or contact us online as soon as you can, as sex crime cases can be time sensitive. Scott Grabel and the rest of our talented team are ready now to start working with you.
2nd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Laws in Kalamazoo, MI
2nd degree criminal sexual conduct, as mentioned above, occurs in cases involving sexual contact without penetration. In order for a second degree CSC charge to result, at least one of the following conditions must be present:
- The alleged victim is under 13 years old.
- The alleged victim is under 16, and the two are related, members of the same household, or the victim are under the authority of the alleged actor.
- The alleged victim is under 16 and is a student in the school or district where the alleged actor is a teacher or administrator. If the alleged actor is an employee or contractual service provider, and uses this position to gain access to the alleged victim, CSC charges can result as well.
- The alleged victim is under 16 and is in a foster home or child care organization where the alleged actor is an employee, service provider, or volunteer.
- Another felony occurs in addition to sexual contact.
- The alleged actor is aided/abetted by another person, or more than one person, and either uses force or coercion or has reason to know that the alleged victim is mentally incapacitated or incapable, or physically helpless.
- The alleged actor is armed or uses an article fashioned in a manner that imitates a weapon.
- Personal injury is caused to the victim.
- The alleged victim is related to the alleged offender or forced/coerced, and is mentally disabled, mentally incapable or incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The alleged victim is a prisoner under the jurisdiction of the DOC where the alleged actor is employed.
If you are accused of 2nd degree CSC, contact an attorney right away. It is critical that you act fast, as police and prosecutors won’t wait to start building a case against you.
Criminal Penalties for 2nd Degree CSC in Michigan
If convicted of second degree criminal sexual conduct, you could face up to 15 years behind bars. If the alleged victim was under 13 and the actor was over 17, lifetime electronic monitoring will also result.
The Grabel & Associates team is always available because we know you need legal representation right away. If you have been investigated for a sex offense or charged with CSC, it is essential that you contact us immediately and let our team begin guiding your next steps. Never say a word to police or investigators before you are able to contact a lawyer, as every word on record is crucial as you build your defense. Our attorneys are committed to doing whatever it takes to help you get a favorable outcome in your case.
Grabel & Associates 24/7 Criminal Defense Hotline
Call 1-800-342-7896 toll free now for a free initial case consultation, or contact our firm online to begin working with a member of our team. Our Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct 2nd degree defense lawyers are ready now to help you throughout your case.