Kalamazoo 4th Degree CSC Attorney
The only misdemeanor CSC charge is criminal sexual conduct in the 4th degree, though the penalties are so serious the charge resembles most felonies. If you or someone you care about is accused of criminal sexual conduct in the 4th degree, it is essential that you fight to protect yourself, and that you act fast to begin developing your defense. Get in touch with the Grabel & Associates team now and learn more about Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct 4th degree defense. Our attorneys can be reached 24/7 both by phone and online, so don’t wait to begin working with a member of our team. Fight back against sex crime conviction in Kalamazoo with Grabel & Associates on your side. We are ready now to begin implementing our proven strategies in your unique case.
Trial attorney Scott Grabel knows what it takes to win, and for over 15 years, our attorneys have been representing clients in tough sex crimes cases. As soon as you begin working with our talented team, we will start reviewing the specifics of your case with you and looking at what is unique about your situation as we develop a case approach based on the specific details of the allegations you are facing. Our attorneys will always fight for your best interests, and are committed to putting in the work to get you the results you want in your 4th degree misdemeanor CSC case. Get in touch with our talented team right now and learn more about our aggressive criminal defense strategies, and let us guide your first steps as you start working towards a beneficial case outcome. Our team is available toll free at 1-800-342-7896 or through the contact form on this website, accessible above. Don’t hesitate – the Grabel & Associates sex crime defense team is ready now to protect you or your loved one.
4th Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Laws in Kalamazoo, MI
The crime of 4th degree CSC occurs in cases involving sexual contact, but not actual penetrative sex. If a person engages in sexual contact and one of the following conditions is present as part of the offense, 4th degree CSC conviction can result.
- The other person is under 16 but over 13, and the age difference is more than 5 years between the alleged offender and the other person. (If the other person is under 13, 2nd degree CSC charges will result).
- The alleged offender utilized force or coercion to accomplish the sexual contact in question. This includes threats, physical force or violence, fake medical examination, and concealment or surprise.
- The other person is mentally incapacitated or incapable, or is physically helpless, and the alleged offender has reason to know.
- The two persons are related, by blood or marriage, up to the third degree.
- The alleged offender is a mental health professional who has been treating the other person, and less than two years has passed since treatment. Obviously if the two are married this does not apply.
- The other person is under 18 and the offender is a teacher, sub or administrator in the same school or district as the other person, or the offender is an employee, service provider, or volunteer, in the school or district and uses this position to gain access to the student.
- The other person is a special education student under the age of 26 in the school or district where the alleged offender is a teacher, administrator, employee, or service provider and the two are not married.
- The alleged offender works at a childcare organization or in a foster home where the other person resides.
To read more about Kalamazoo criminal sexual conduct 4th degree charges, read through Section 750.520e of the Penal Code or contact our team. If convicted of 4th degree criminal sexual conduct, you could face up to 2 years behind bars and a fine of up to $500.
CSC Defense – 24/7 Grabel & Associates Defense
Our attorneys don’t waste any time after your initial call, and will ensure you are protected right away. We are committed to doing everything we can to help you battle back against wrongful conviction, or the possibility of excessive sentencing after a criminal charge. Fight back against sex crime prosecutors and police who will be trying to gather evidence against you. Contact our team right away to get started.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 CSC Misdemeanor Defense
To speak with one of our qualified case analysts, call 1-800-342-7896 toll free now or contact our team online. Our talented sex crime defense attorneys are available immediately for clients statewide.