Grand Rapids CSC 4th Degree Lawyer
Criminal Sexual Conduct Attorneys Defending Against Misdemeanor CSC Charges in Grand Rapids and Kent County, MI
While a fourth degree CSC charge may not initially seem as serious as other Criminal Sexual Conduct accusations, the potential penalties are still life changing and cases should always be handled by an experienced team of attorneys. The Grand Rapids CSC lawyers at Grabel & Associates have been defending Grand Rapids sex crime cases for over 10 years, and know how a 4th degree CSC conviction could affect your life. Work with our firm and fight back against police and prosecutors, who will already be working to build a compelling case against you. We know what you need to do to protect your constitutional rights and defend your freedom after harmful allegations are made.
CSC in the fourth degree is not a felony charge, but anyone accused of the crime could still face imprisonment, fines, and other serious consequences. Never make the mistake of brushing off a sex crime accusation, even if you are not guilty. Speak to an attorney now and find out more about how to respond to police and what steps you should take during a criminal investigation or after arrest to protect yourself.
As soon as you or your loved one is charged with a sex crime, our lawyers are ready to join your fight for justice. Contact Grabel & Associates now and begin fighting back against aggressive police and prosecuting attorneys.
Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree Charge in Grand Rapids MI
According to the Michigan Penal Code, a person is guilty of 4th degree CSC if he or she has sexual contact without penetration accompanied by any of the following:
- the alleged victim is between 13 and 16 years of age
- force or coercion is used, including physical force, threats, improper medical examination, concealment, or surprise
- the alleged victim is mentally incapacitated or physically helpless and the defendant had reason to be aware of that status
- the alleged victim and defendant are related by blood or affinity to the 3rd degree and not legally married
- the defendant is a mental health professional and the alleged victim has been a patient within the two years leading up to the offense
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 18 and the defendant is a teacher, school or district employee, volunteer, substitute, or administrator where the alleged victim attends
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 26 and receiving special education from a place where the defendant was a teacher, substitute, administrator, employee, volunteer, government employee, or district employee
- the defendant was a child care employee, volunteer, or foster home operator during the period when sexual contact occurred with an alleged victim over the age of 16
Contact Scott Grabel and our sex crime defense team if you are accused of any of these offenses. We are available 24/7 to begin fighting for you or your loved one.
Criminal Penalties for CSC 4th Degree in Grand Rapids
In the state of Michigan, Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 4th degree is a misdemeanor charge. According to Section 750.520e of the Michigan Penal Code, anyone convicted of 4th degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Grand Rapids can be sentenced to up to 2 years in prison and a fine of up to $500. The specific penalties you will face depend on the details of your case, and it is important to work with a defense attorney who knows how to defend in your unique situation.
Our Sex Crime Defense Approach in Michigan
Our proven results demonstrate exactly what our firm can do for clients in tough sex crime cases, and we know how comprehensive defense can make a difference after a CSC allegation. Work with our team of sex offense lawyers now and guard against imprisonment and fines. Our lawyers understand the unique laws and legal issues affecting your case and can help you evaluate your legal options so that you are able to reach the goals you have set for your case. If you have any legal questions, contact our firm now for a no obligation consultation, and begin working towards a beneficial case outcome.
Contact Scott Grabel Top Michigan Sex Crime Defense Lawyer
Our team has established a reputation as one of the best for sex crime defense in Grand Rapids. Call 1-800-342-7896 for a free case consultation and speak to an analyst about your CSC charges. You can also contact Grabel & Associates online and set up a free consultation with trial attorney Scott Grabel. Defend against sex crime conviction with our Grand Rapids law firm, call for a free consultation 24/7.