First-Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Clinton Township
Felony first-degree CSC charges are among the most serious criminal accusations a person can face. Along with murder and serious assault cases, criminal sexual conduct cases are treated more harshly than almost any other charge under Clinton laws and sentencing guidelines. If you or a loved one has been accused of CSC in the 1st degree, it is imperative that you speak with an experienced CSC defense lawyer right away. With so much at stake, you need to do everything you can to fight back against aggressive police and prosecutors who will try to take away your freedom. Grabel & Associates is a firm dedicated to protecting clients against wrongful conviction and unjust sentences, and we know what it takes to achieve exceptional results after sex crime accusations in Clinton and throughout Michigan.
With well over a decade of experience fighting for clients in the criminal justice system, founding attorney Scott Grabel understands the strategies that are most effective in cases like yours. Under his direction, our team of talented trial attorneys will work to develop an aggressive and effective defense approach, tailored to your unique story and case goals. Our team is ready to do everything possible to stand up for your rights and protect your future, and we are always available to begin working with anyone accused of felony CSC in Clinton, Michigan.
Contact our firm now for a free initial case consultation and begin your fight for justice. Sex crime investigations can be extremely time sensitive, and if you have yet to speak to a lawyer who has hands-on experience working in Criminal Sexual Conduct cases, it is critical that you do so as soon as you can. We are available 24/7 through our toll free hotline, and will immediately begin delivering top-quality legal consultation at no cost to you. You have nothing to lose by contacting an attorney, and your future on the line if you don’t. Get in touch right away so our team can start fighting with you and for you.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the First Degree
In order to be convicted of first degree CSC, you must engage in sexual penetration, not just contact, and your situation must involve at least one of the following circumstances:
- Alleged victim under 13 years of age.
- Alleged victim between 13 and 16 along with any of the following:
- Defendant is a member of the alleged victim’s household.
- Defendant is related to the alleged victim (only applies up until the 4th degree of relation).
- Defendant is in a position of authority and uses this authority to accomplish the act.
- Defendant is a teacher, substitute, administrator, employee, or service provider of the school or district in which the alleged victim is enrolled, and uses this to establish a relationship or gain access to the alleged victim.
- The crime occurs during the commission of another felony (ex. Assault).
- The defendant is aided or abetted by a person or persons and either:
- Knows the alleged victim is mentally incapable or physically helpless.
- Uses force or coercion to accomplish the act.
- The defendant was armed with a weapon or article used to imitate a weapon at the time of the offense.
- Personal injury occurs to the alleged victim and force or coercion is used.
- Personal injury occurs and the alleged victim is mentally incapacitated or physically helpless.
- Concealment or surprise is used to overcome the alleged victim.
Certain other situations can also lead to 1st degree CSC charges, which are outlined in the Michigan Penal Code. If you want to learn more about how Clinton, MI laws could affect your sex crime case, contact our firm now.
Criminal Penalties for CSC Conviction in Clinton, MI – Defense Attorney for Felony Sex Crimes
If convicted of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the first degree, you can face up to life in prison. Depending on the unique circumstances surrounding a case, eligibility for parole may be revoked as well. Always get in touch with a lawyer right away so that you can fight back against harsh criminal punishment.
Our Approach to CSC Defense in Clinton
Whenever a person faces such a serious criminal charge, there is more than just prison time at stake. We understand how damaging a felony Criminal Sexual Conduct accusation can be, even if you are never convicted. Your reputation can be damaged, Child Protective Services may seek termination of your parental rights, you can lose your job, and so much more. Our attorneys fight not only to protect you from criminal conviction and penalties, but from all the damage that can occur throughout a sex crime investigation and trial. Work with our team and benefit from a comprehensive criminal defense approach, fit uniquely to your specific situation.
Contact Grabel & Associates for a Free Case Consultation 24/7
To speak with an experienced attorney now, contact Grabel & Associates in Clinton, Michigan at 1-800-342-7896 or contact our firm online. We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the week, and will provide you with a free case analysis and begin working with you on the next steps you need to take in your CSC case.