Detroit Second Degree CSC
Sex Crime Attorneys Against 2nd Degree CSC in Detroit, Michigan
Second-degree criminal sexual conduct charges are extremely serious, and you will need to work with a sex crimes defense lawyer if you are accused of CSC 2nd degree in Detroit. This felony charge can lead to long-lasting penalties, including jail time and electronic monitoring, and only by hiring the best possible defense team can you be sure you have done all you can to fight back against serious charges.
Sex with a minor, teacher sex abuse of a student, sexual assault, rape, and other illegal sex acts can result in second degree CSC charges, and our team is here to protect against wrongful conviction in these sensitive situations. We understand how a sex crime conviction could destroy your life and will fight to make sure you receive the best possible defense throughout every stage of your case.
Work with Grabel & Associates for CSC defense lawyers in Detroit, MI and benefit from years of criminal defense experience. Our Michigan CSC attorneys will walk you through the steps you need to take during investigation and a potential trial, and for over 10 years we have successfully guided clients to beneficial case outcomes in even the toughest situations.
Second Degree CSC Charge in Detroit, MI
In order to be convicted of CSC 2nd degree in Michigan, a person must engage in sexual contact with another person, along with at least one of these conditions:
- other person is under 13
- other person is between 13 and 16 and alleged perpetrator is:
- a relative to the fourth degree
- in a position of authority (using that authority to force sexual contact)
- a teacher, sub, or employee in the school or district where the other person attends and uses this to access or begin a relationship with the other person
- contact occurs along with another felony crime
- the alleged actor is aided by at least one other person and:
- knows that the other person is mentally incapable or physically helpless
- uses force or coercion
- the alleged actor uses a weapon or article used to imitate a weapon to threaten the other person
- personal injury is caused to the other person and the actor knows he or she is mentally incapacitated or physically helpless
- the other person is mentally incapable or physically helpless and the accused is a relative or in a position of authority
- the alleged actor is an employee of the department of corrections where the other person is under jurisdiction
- the alleged actor knows the other person is detained in a facility while awaiting trial and is an employee or volunteer at that facility
Contact Grabel & Associates now to fight back against CSC accusations in Detroit. Our experienced team is available 24/7 to begin working with you and will do all we can to aggressively fight for your best interests.
Criminal Penalties for Detroit CSC in the Second Degree
As a felony sex crime, CSC 2nd degree can lead to extremely serious and often life-changing penalties. If you are convicted, you could be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison. In addition, you will face lifetime electronic monitoring in certain cases. Contact our team now to find out how you can defend against these potential penalties.
Our Approach to Sex Crime Defense
When you choose a sex crime defense firm in Detroit, understand that the rest of your life could be on the line. Work with the best possible legal team so that you can be sure you have a complete defense strategy designed with your best interests in mind. Our team will consult with you throughout your case to ensure our actions match up with your legal goals, and we will be sure to answer any legal questions you may have as they arise so that you fully understand the legal issues you are up against.
Our proven results demonstrate how effective our attorneys can be, and we know what it takes to obtain lessened sentences and outstanding plea bargains. Call now for a free consultation and learn more about our proven defense approach.
Contact Scott Grabel Detroit Sex Crime Defense Lawyer
To speak with an attorney, call 1-800-342-7896 now or contact Grabel & Associates online. Fight back against aggressive police and prosecutors with our talented team; we are available immediately no matter where you are in Michigan.