CSC 4th Degree in Ann Arbor
Misdemeanor CSC Defense Lawyer for Criminal Sexual Conduct Charges in Ann Arbor, MI
Contact Grabel & Associates right away if you are facing Criminal Sexual Conduct accusations in Ann Arbor. Our skilled CSC attorneys can immediately go to work on your case, helping you determine the steps you need to take in order to fight back against aggressive police and prosecutors who will be trying to secure conviction. Work with a lawyer to fight back against damaging accusations and serious criminal penalties. We know what it takes to help you attain your legal goals throughout every stage of the judicial process.
Our team has worked in thousands of criminal cases for over a decade, and we have the experience needed to help you through your legal battle. Under the direction of experienced trial lawyer Scott Grabel our Ann Arbor sex crime defense firm will aggressively fight for your rights and freedom during investigation and a potential trial.
When you or a loved one is questioned in a Criminal Sexual Conduct case, it is imperative that you hire a lawyer who can guide you through what to say and do to avoid giving police and the prosecution what they need to hear. We are available 24/7 to advise you and can provide you with immediate answers to any legal questions you might have.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Fourth Degree Charge
Misdemeanor 4th degree CSC charges can occur when a person engages in sexual contact without penetration with another person in addition to at least one of the following:
- the other person is between 13 and 16, and the actor is more than 5 years older than that other person
- force or coercion is used to accomplish sexual contact
- physical violence, threats, surprise, improper medical examination, or concealment is used
- the actor has reason to know the alleged victim is physically helpless or mentally incapable
- the two persons are related by blood or affinity to the third degree, and are not legally married
- the alleged actor is a mental health professional who has treated the alleged victim within 2 years before the offense
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 18 while the alleged actor is a teacher, substitute, or administrator of the school or district in which the person is enrolled
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 18 and the alleged actor is an employee, volunteer, or service provider of the school or district who uses that status to gain access to the alleged victim
- the alleged victim is under 26 and receiving special education from the institution that employs the actor
- the alleged victim resides in a child care organization or foster home in which the alleged actor is an employee, volunteer, or operator
Read about the specifics of CSC 4th degree charges in Michigan in the Penal Code, and contact Grabel & Associates immediately if you or a loved one is in danger of sex crime conviction.
Criminal Punishment After CSC 4th Degree Conviction in Ann Arbor Michigan
If convicted of misdemeanor 4th degree CSC, a person can face up to two years in prison along with a fine of as much as $500. Contact our team now to defend against jail time and other serious penalties.
Our Approach to Criminal Sexual Assault Cases Statewide
If accused of criminal sexual assault, sex with a minor, or any other CSC offense, our team is available 24/7 to begin aggressively defending you. We will review evidence, witnesses, and police actions in order to find every weakness in the prosecution’s case. Our attorneys will help you explore every available legal outcome and explain to you exactly what you need to do in order to reach your legal goals.
We know how to defend clients both inside Ann Arbor courtrooms and outside, and will not rest until everything has been done to fight conviction. Contact us immediately for a free case consultation.
24/7 Sex Crime Defense in Ann Arbor, MI
Reach our firm by phone, toll free at 1-800-342-7896 or contact us online now and speak with an experienced case analyst. Ask to set up a free case consultation with trial lawyer Scott Grabel, who can provide you with no obligation legal answers and information about the charges you face. Work with the best possible sex crime defense lawyer in Michigan and ensure your best interests are pursued. Our lawyers care about client’s results and will commit as much time as necessary to defending you.