CSC 3rd Degree Lawyer in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor Sex Crime Defense Lawyer for Criminal Sexual Conduct Felony Charges in Michigan
When faced with harsh prison time and other serious penalties, it is critical to get in touch with an experienced attorney. Grabel & Associates is a firm with over 10 years of experience in the state of Michigan, and under founding attorney Scott Grabel, our team has successfully defended clients in tough felony crime cases. If you have been charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct in Ann Arbor, MI, or if you believe you may be under investigation for a sex crime, contact us now. Our team is always available to begin defending your rights and freedom.
Criminal Sexual Conduct charges are extremely serious, and only by working with the best possible criminal defense lawyer can you achieve the most beneficial case outcome. When it feels like no one is on your side, our team of defense attorneys will stand with you in your fight for justice, helping you pursue your best interests throughout every stage of your case. Don’t wait to hire an attorney, as the early stages of a case are often crucial. Our firm is available 24/7 to begin working with you to defend against police and prosecuting attorneys.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Third Degree Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Michigan Penal Code explains in detail the actions that can lead to Criminal Sexual Conduct (CSC) conviction in each degree. 3rd degree CSC charges result when a person has sex with another (penetration must occur), and at least one of the following circumstances exists:
- the alleged victim is between 13 and 16
- force or coercion is used
- the actor knows or has reason to know the alleged victim is mentally incapacitated, incapable, or physically helpless
- the two persons are related by blood or affinity to the third degree, and are not married at the time of the offense
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 18 and is a student in the school where the actor is a teacher, sub, or administrator
- the alleged victim is between 16 and 18 and the actor is an employee or contractual service provider of the school or district in which the alleged victim is enrolled and uses this status to establish a relationship with the alleged victim
- the alleged victim is under 26 and receiving special education from the school or district where that person receives services and the two are not married
- the alleged actor operates a child care center or foster home, or works at a child care organization where the alleged victim is a resident
As soon as you or someone you care about is questioned by police about a sex crime, contact a lawyer and begin your fight against wrongful conviction or excessive sentencing. Our team is here to help you in your legal battle and will help you in any stage of your case.
Prison Sentence for CSC Conviction in Michigan
The felony crime of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 3rd degree can result in imprisonment for as many as 15 years. Grabel & Associates is available now to help you fight back against a lengthy jail sentence; contact our firm for a free consultation.
Our Approach to Felony Crime Defense
Our attorneys understand how valuable an objective viewpoint can be when most people have already labeled you as guilty, and will review every piece of evidence in order to find the best angle to take throughout your case. Working with our skilled team will be the best action you take, allowing you to explore every possible legal option before you make any more decisions. Reach your legal goals by working with our Michigan sex crimes defense firm.
Grabel & Associates is available 24/7 to take your case, and we know what it takes to achieve the best available outcome after felony accusations. Contact us immediately to speak with experienced trial lawyer Scott Grabel.
Call Our Michigan Sex Crime Defense Firm in Ann Arbor
Our work in past cases statewide proves what we can do for you, and our team is available now to begin working with you. Call 1-800-342-7896 or contact us online. Fight back against criminal conviction and life changing penalties with a knowledgeable attorney. With over a decade of criminal defense experience, Scott Grabel and our team can help you work through what you need to do if you want to achieve the best possible result.