Clinton Township Third-Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
Michigan CSC charges are extremely serious, and while the “3rd Degree” may suggest a less serious charge, the penalties you can face are still very harsh. With well over a decade in prison on the line, it is critical that you start working with an experienced CSC defense lawyer as soon as possible if you have been accused of 3rd degree Criminal Sexual Conduct in Clinton, Michigan. Grabel & Associates is a firm committed to protecting those who have been wrongly accused of sex crime offenses, and we are willing to do whatever it takes to uncover the truth and help you achieve a just case outcome.
Trial attorney Scott Grabel has been working in both felony and misdemeanor sex crime cases for over 10 years, and under his direction our premier defense team will fight to protect your rights and freedom throughout investigation and a potential trial. We know the steps that you need to take during every stage of the criminal justice process, and will direct you through exactly what to say and do as you progress towards a beneficial case result. Sex crime cases are extremely complex and it can be difficult to beat a 3rd degree CSC charge, especially without an attorney on your side. The sooner you begin working with a qualified defense representative, the more likely it is that you will be able to obtain an exceptional case outcome. Our team is available 24/7 so that you don’t have to wait to begin fighting back against felony conviction.
Contact trial lawyer Scott Grabel or another member of our sex crime defense team now for a free initial case consultation. We are ready to begin working with you as soon as you call or contact our firm via email.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Third Degree
In order to be found guilty of CSC in the third degree, a person must engage in sexual penetration with another person, along with at least one of the following:
- The other person is between 13 and 16 years old.
- The alleged actor uses force or coercion to accomplish sexual penetration.
- The alleged actor has reason to know the other person is mentally incapable, incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The two people are related by blood or affinity up to the 3rd degree.
- The other person is between 16 and 18 and the alleged actor is a teacher, substitute, employee, volunteer, or service provider in the school or district where the other person is a student.
- The other person is between 16 and 26 and is receiving special education services where the alleged actor is a teacher, volunteer, or other employee, and the alleged actor uses this status to establish a relationship with the other person. This doesn’t apply if the two are lawfully married at the time of the alleged offense.
- The alleged actor is an employee, volunteer, or service provider at the child care organization, foster home, or group home where the other person resides, and the offense takes place during that other person’s residency.
If you are accused of committed sexual penetration accompanying any of these conditions, it is essential that you contact an attorney as soon as you can. Our lawyers can start working with you right away, and will help you fight back against 3rd degree CSC conviction.
Criminal Penalties for CSC 3rd Degree Conviction
If convicted of felony Criminal Sexual Conduct in the third degree, you can be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison. As soon as you or a loved one is accused of committing a CSC offense, you should begin defending against conviction with a premier Michigan defense lawyer. Don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys and begin working to achieve a beneficial case outcome.
Our Approach to Clinton, MI 3rd Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct Charges
Our lawyers know the damage that a CSC accusation can cause, even if you aren’t convicted. With your reputation on the line in addition to jail time and a felony criminal record, it is essential that you hire an attorney who honestly cares about your future and is willing to do everything possible to protect you throughout every stage of your case. Let our team begin developing a uniquely tailored defense approach now, and ensure you are properly protected as you battle back against felony sex crime charges.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 Sex Crimes Defense in Clinton Michigan
Our Macomb County defense attorneys serve clients statewide in serious sex crime cases, and our proven results show why we have earned a reputation as one of the top defense firms in the state. Call 1-800-342-7896 or contact our firm online now for a free initial case consultation and begin working to achieve your case goals.