Clinton Township Second-Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
Many people falsely believe that sex crime cases, which do not involve sexual penetration, are much less serious than other sex crime cases. While the maximum penalties you can face do differ for cases involving sexual contact as opposed to sexual penetration, these charges are still extremely serious, and usually can lead to felony conviction. 2nd degree Criminal Sexual Conduct cases should always be handled by an experienced Clinton CSC defense lawyer, because even though penetration is not a requirement for these charges to be handed out, the penalties are among the most severe that a person can face after a sex offense allegation. Our lawyers know what it takes to protect clients from wrongful conviction and excessively harsh sentences, and are dedicated to doing everything possible to help you fight back against overzealous police and prosecutors who will seek to put you behind bars.
With over 10 years of sex crime defense experience, trial attorney Scott Grabel knows what it takes to win in even the most difficult cases. Along with the rest of our highly rated team, Scott Grabel works tirelessly to help clients statewide overcome serious felony charges and the life-altering penalties which can result.
No matter what the specifics of your case, our team is ready to hear your unique story and begin working with you right now. Call our 24/7 hotline or contact us online now for a free initial case analysis, and speak with a talented attorney about the defense options that may be available to you in your unique legal situation.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Second Degree in Clinton, MI – Defense Lawyer for Sex Crimes
2nd degree CSC charges can result in cases involving sexual contact with another person (without penetration), along with any of the following:
- The other person is under 13 years old.
- The other person is under 16 and one or more of the following are true:
- The two people are related up to the fourth degree, or members of the same household.
- The alleged actor is in an authoritative position over the other person and uses this position to accomplish the act.
- The alleged actor is a teacher, administrator, or sub teacher in the school or district where the other person is enrolled.
- The alleged actor is an employee, volunteer, or service provider in the school, district, foster home, child care organization, or group home where the other person attends or resides, and uses this status to gain access to the other person.
- Sexual contact occurs during the commission of another felony crime.
- The alleged actor is aided by a person or more than one person and knows the other person is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless, or the alleged actor uses force or coercion to accomplish sexual contact.
- Personal injury is caused to the other person and the alleged actor has reason to know the other person is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The other person is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless and the alleged actor is a relative by blood or marriage, or is in a position of authority over the other person.
- The alleged actor is an employee or service provider of the department of corrections within which the other person is under jurisdiction.
Certain other cases can also lead to Clinton CSC in the 2nd degree charges, and it is important to contact an attorney and find out how your case may be affected by Michigan sex crime laws. Our team is ready to begin answering your questions right away.
Criminal Penalties for 2nd Degree CSC Conviction in Clinton, Michigan
If you are convicted of 2nd degree CSC in Clinton, you could face up to 15 years in prison, along with a felony criminal record. If the alleged victim is under 13 years of age, you could also face lifetime electronic monitoring. Contact an attorney now and fight back against felony CSC conviction and harsh penalties.
Our Approach to Clinton Criminal Sexual Conduct Defense
Our team is committed to protecting clients’ rights and fighting for just case outcomes, even when it seems as if everyone else has already labeled you guilty. We value your right to be treated as innocent throughout the justice process, and will seek to uncover every hidden detail which may help you improve your case result. Our proven results show why we are trusted by clients who have everything on the line, and we genuinely care about your case outcome and future.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 Sex Crime Defense in Clinton Michigan
To speak with a 2nd degree CSC defense lawyer now, call 1-800-342-7896. We are available 24/7 by phone, or through the online contact page on our website, and will begin providing premier legal analysis right away.