Clinton Township Forth-Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
In Macomb County and throughout Michigan, criminal offenses are outlined in legislation by degree, and the higher the number, the less serious the offense. However, even though 4th degree CSC is the least serious Criminal Sexual Conduct charge a person can face, the potential penalties that can result if convicted are still very serious, and it is critical that anyone who has been accused of 4th degree Criminal Sexual Conduct contact an experienced sex crimes defense attorney right away. Our CSC lawyers know what it takes to beat CSC charges, and have worked with clients in both misdemeanor and felony cases statewide. Contact our firm now and speak with a Clinton sex crime defense lawyer about what you need to say and do during a CSC investigation and throughout the criminal justice process if you want to achieve the best possible case result.
When a person is accused of a sex crime, many people are quick to label them guilty, even though many sex crime charges are often dropped or reduced. Police will aggressively investigate you in efforts to uncover evidence that points to your guilt, not your innocence, and prosecuting attorneys will frame their case to focus only on the details that can secure a conviction. You need a talented legal advocate on your side to balance the scales by providing a thorough review of evidence and an alternate view on what truly happened in your case.
With trial lawyer Scott Grabel and the rest of our highly qualified team on your side, you can know you are receiving the absolute best defense throughout every stage of your case. Our team works to provide comprehensive defense strategies to persons accused of CSC in Clinton, MI, and for over a decade our tactics have been successful in cases just like yours. Get in touch with our sex crime defense team as soon as possible and begin fighting back against conviction and harsh criminal penalties.
Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Fourth Degree Defense
If a person engages in sexual contact with another person and sexual penetration does not occur, 4th degree criminal sexual conduct charges can result if one or more of the following circumstances exists:
- The other person is between 13 and 16 and the alleged offender is at least 5 years older than the other person (18-21+).
- Force or coercion is used to accomplish contact, including violence, threats, unethical or unacceptable medical examination, concealment, or surprise.
- The other person is mentally incapacitated, mentally incapable, or physically helpless and the alleged offender has reason to know this is the case.
- The two people involved are related by blood or affinity up to the third degree.
- The alleged offender is a mental health professional who has had the other person as a client or patient within 2 years prior to the alleged offense.
- The alleged offender is a teacher, employee, or service provider at the school where the other person is enrolled, and uses this position to gain access to the other person. This only applied in cases involving students under the age of 18.
- The other person is between 16 and 26 and the alleged offender is a teacher, employee, or service provider of the school or district in which the other person is receiving special education services. This doesn’t apply if the two are lawfully married.
- The alleged offender is an employee, volunteer, or service provider of the child care organization, foster home, or group home where the other person is a resident, and sexual contact occurs during their time of residency.
Criminal Penalties for 4th Degree CSC in Clinton, Michigan
If you are convicted of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 4th degree, you will be found guilty of a misdemeanor and imprisoned for up to 2 years. You could also face a fine of up to $500, along with a criminal record. If you have past offenses on record, you could face even more serious penalties, and it is imperative that you contact an attorney to find out how Michigan laws and sentencing guidelines could affect your unique case.
Our Law Firm’s Sex Crimes Defense Approach
Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help you prove your innocence or avoid excessively harsh penalties. We treat every case as if it were our own future at stake, and we care about your case outcome. Our team will develop a unique defense approach after thoroughly reviewing every detail of your case, and will dedicate as much time and effort as necessary to protecting you.
Contact Grabel & Associates
To speak with an experienced trial attorney now, call 1-800-342-7896 or contact our firm online. We will immediately provide a free initial case consultation and begin answering your legal questions.