Ann Arbor OWI Offenses
Drunk driving, commonly referred to as DUI, can lead to Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) charges in Ann Arbor. The penalties for an OWI conviction are extremely serious, and anyone accused of committing an Operating While Intoxicated offense should get in touch with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. With so much on the line including jail time, fines, a criminal record, and the suspension of your driving privileges, you need to do all you can to fight back against wrongful allegations or overzealous prosecutors in a DUI case. Grabel & Associates Ann Arbor DUI attorneys committed to protecting the rights of the accused and is available 24/7 to anyone facing a drunk driving charge, no matter what the specifics of the case.
Criminal Penalties for Ann Arbor OWI Charges
If convicted of Operating While Intoxicated in Michigan, you could face the following penalties:
- For a first offense, you could be convicted of a misdemeanor, be sentenced to 93 days in prison, face a fine of as much as $500, have your license suspended for up to 6 months, and possibly have to install an ignition interlock device.
- If convicted of a second offense within seven years, your will still be faced with a misdemeanor record, but could face between 5 days and a year in jail, a fine of between $200 and $1,000, and have your license revoked for a minimum of 1 year. In order to regain your license, you will have to have an ignition interlock device installed.
- A third offense can lead to felony OWI conviction, which can carry a penalty of up to five years in jail, a fine of up to $5,000, license revocation for up to 1 year, and additional penalties. The specific punishment you will face varies greatly in felony cases, as outlined in the Michigan Vehicle Code.
Other OWI offenses can include refusing to take a BAC test, which can lead to a 1 years license suspension for a first offense and up to 5 years for a third offense, and other serious offenses such as DUI causing injury or death.
Ann Arbor OWI Defense Lawyer – Grabel & Associates
Our team understands how to help you achieve the best possible result in your case because on numerous previous occasions we have appeared in the courts you will present your case in and dealt with the judges that could hear your case. Our case experience is vast, as for over 10 years our team has worked under the direction of nationally-ranked trial lawyer Scott Grabel to provide top-level defense to clients in criminal cases statewide, including misdemeanor and felony DUI cases. We have worked with first time offenders, repeat offenders, underage offenders, and more, and have the skills needed to help you achieve a beneficial outcome in your uniquely important legal battle.
Contact our team now for a free initial case consultation and begin your fight for justice. We are available 24/7 to take your call and begin working together towards a case victory.
Fight an Ann Arbor OWI Charge
If you are caught driving with an illegal blood alcohol content level (BAC), you could be convicted of OWI. Though it is possible for a person to face drunk driving accusations with a BAC under the legal limit, most cases in Michigan are at least supplemented by chemical BAC test results. The legal limits for drivers in Michigan are as follows:
- Standard Driver’s License, Over 21: 0.08% BAC
- Commercial Driver’s License: 0.04% BAC
- Under 21: 0.02% BAC, Zero Tolerance DUI
If convicted of driving with a blood alcohol level over these limits, or if police determine your ability to drive to be impaired based on other evidence, it is likely that you will face life-altering penalties. Fight backs early on in your case with a top level lawyer and get a favorable outcome.
Our Approach to Ann Arbor OWI Defense
Anyone who has been accused of drunk driving in Michigan deserves top-level defense, and Grabel & Associates is committed to providing effective individualized strategies to clients statewide after misdemeanor or felony accusations. Our proven results demonstrate how effective our attorneys have been in past cases, and we are available now to begin applying those proven strategies to your case. Fight back against OWI conviction and defend your freedom. We are available now to begin working with you in any stage of your case.
Contact Grabel & Associates for 24/7 OWI Defense Representation
For a free case analysis, contact an attorney now at 1-800-342-7896 or contact our firm online. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with a lawyer and begin working towards a favorable case outcome, contact Scott Grabel and the team at Grabel & Associates now to begin fighting for your freedom.