FAQs About Michigan Criminal Law
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime we understand what you are going through—your concerns and fears, and can answer all your questions. Our attorneys know how to help you, but your freedom and future depend on getting the right criminal defense team on your side as quickly as possible.
We have prepared a list of FAQs (frequently asked questions) to provide general information. This information should not be taken as legal advice and we encourage you to contact our law firm so we can answer your specific questions.
- Why hire us?
- What does a criminal defense attorney do?
- How do you help people?
- What are my legal rights?
- Why shouldn't I use a public defender?
- I'm being investigated by the police. Do I need a lawyer?
FAQs About Juvenile Offenders
- About Juvenile Crimes and Family Court
- Will my child be held in custody or go to jail?
- Will my child be tried as an adult?
- What happens in court?
- What is a bond? What are the different types of bonds and bail terms?
- Where can I get help rehabilitating my child?
- How can you help my child avoid jail?
FAQs About Innocent People Charged with a Crime
FAQs About Sentencing
- Will I go to jail or prison?
- What are my chances of going to jail for a first time offense?
- What things does a judge consider when determining a sentence?
- What are Michigan's sentencing guidelines?
- Should I accept a plea bargain?
- Can I appeal an unfair sentence?
FAQs About Criminal Records
- Will having a criminal record ruin my life?
- Is record expungement the same thing as setting aside a conviction?
- Does setting aside a conviction mean I no longer have a criminal record?
- How are criminal records created?
- What information is in a criminal record?
- Who can search for a criminal record?
- What do I answer on job applications when I am asked if I have a criminal record?
- Where can I find help getting a job, housing, and other rehabilitation support after serving time?
There's No Need to Wait Until You Are Charged
If you are considered a suspect, or are being investigated for a crime you need a lawyer. We can help you avoid being bullied or tricked by the police into incriminating yourself. Hiring us while you are still being investigated may result in no charges being filed against you, and, if charges are filed, any fees you paid will be credited towards your defense.
If You Have Been Arrested or Charged with a Crime Call Us Immediately for a Free Emergency Consultation 24/7
A. Scott Grabel & Associates is one of the very few law firms in the state of Michigan that only practices criminal defense law and our attorneys can provide you with aggressive and exceptional legal advocacy. We visit jails, accept major credit cards and can be reached 24/7.
Our defense team will do everything to ensure you avoid a conviction and jail time.
We Offer Post-Conviction Services
Whether you are seeking a new trial, a sentence appeal, or expungement of a criminal record, we can help you.
We Only Practice Michigan Criminal Defense Law
|DUI and Drunk Driving||Sex Crimes||Drug Charges||Violent Crime|